There's Expectations in NYC

CowboyinAmerica

Image result for new york rangers expectations

New York -- It's been a long couple of seasons for Americans fans as New York management has undertaken a rebuild. All along, though, the team had a consistent message: Wait for Season 70. We have our window, and we know exactly when it's going to open.

Well, my friends, Season 70 is just about here. And the New York Americans are as well - especially following a playoffs that saw them get the 3 seed perhaps sooner than anticipated, and take the eventual champion Bears to 7 games in the first round of the playoffs. Coupled with imminent rebuilds in Calgary and Toronto, and New York has an opportunity to join Seattle and Vancouver in the conference's elite.

"We know it's our time to shine. I've been waiting for this season since I got drafted," said defenseman Lance Flowers.

For Flowers, shining will mean playing much better than a sophomore season that saw him regress across the board, with points and hits going down, while penalty minutes went up. However, he's not getting down quite yet.

"I'm a believer that talent shines through eventually, and I think we have the talent," Flowers added. "We showed that in the second half of last season and in the playoffs. Now we just need to put it together for a full year, which is always harder under a spotlight. But I think we can get there. In fact, I know we can."