Career Floater: Rudolph Schmeckeldorf

Corco

Schmeckeldorf: The Most Complimentary Player Ever?

GettyImages-1071584868-1.jpg

During my time in the VHL, I unfortunately feel like most of my players have not been as successful as I would like them to be; Thomas Corcoran (S29) was on track to be my best player, but I had to retire him early to create GM goalie Eggly Bagelface (S34) (who I actually enjoyed quite a bit); the other players after Bagelface, Rift Pajodcast (S41), and Boner (S57) were largely busts because I went inactive with them despite winning a Continental Cup here and there. In the middle of those though, was Swiss forward Rudolph Schmeckeldorf (S54); Rudolph was my return to full activity in the league, to the levels I hadn't had since the S30's with Bagelface and Vasteras. I envisioned him to be a pass-1st player and pass-1st player he was; he had over 2x the amount of assists that he had to goals in his career, and playing on a line with two Hall of Famers, Theo Axelsson and Franchise Cornerstone, for a majority of his career certainly didn't hurt. Although I went inactive in the later years of his career, I would still consider Schmeckeldorf to be my best player yet; he scored the most points of any of my players by far (192-399-591), and is somehow 5th all-time in career +/-, even ahead of his linemates Cornerstone and Axelsson. My biggest gripe of his career has to be his rookie season though, as despite being a +43 on the eventual Continental Cup champion S54 Titans, he only managed to score 9 points in the regular season, NINE!!. Had he had even an average rookie season, he probably would have reached the 600 point plateau, which would have been pretty cool.