Landry Heading to San Diego

Doomsday

Landry Heading to San Diego

recap1_042419-9d21cd09a1.jpg

VANCOUVER - Ever since the Halifax 21st's defeat at the hands of the eventual Founder's Cup champion Saskatoon Wild, Thomas Landry II had two options: go home and wait to find out what his future would be at the Season 70 VHLM Dispersal Draft, or continue to work hard and have a stake in his own fate. After a brief sabbatical to catch Pokémon in the wild, Landry got back to work, pushing himself to the absolute limits to show that he was ready to take the next step, to show what an impact player he was ready to become in his first full season in the VHLM. With one single sentence, all that hard work was validated. 

"With the ninth overall pick in the VHLM Dispersal Draft, the San Diego Marlins select left wing Thomas Landry II, United States."

dineenferguson1_071519-8c39e7b421.jpg

With their third pick in the first round, San Diego's management decided that they had seen enough from Landry's determined efforts that he had made the leap to being worthy of a first round selection, a feat also achieved by his father in the Season 33 VHLM Dispersal Draft when he was selected seventh by Bratislava. Joining Kyl Oferson and Roque Davis, San Diego's three first round selections look to make a big impact in the VHLM as they prepare themselves for the VHL. 

"I'm thrilled to see my hard work recognized," said Landry in an interview conducted after he was drafted. "But this is only the beginning. San Diego put their faith in me by drafting me here and now it's up to me to show them that they were correct to do so, along with showing the other teams what they missed out on. I moved my way up the VHLM draft boards… now there's one more draft board that I have to climb, and lucky me, I have an entire year to work on it. I'm ready to give San Diego my all this season, you can count on that."

Jethro Novacek has been a writer at the MSFL Times since Jesus went to carpentry school. He enjoys the fact that Seinfeld is better than Friends, the German language and saving 100% on car insurance by switching to reverse and leaving the scene.