Perrin recovering from offseason shoulder surgery

Seabass

Today it was revealed that the Prague Phantom's Defenseman, Seabass Perrin has been recovering from a offseason surgical procedure done to his right shoulder to repair a torn labrum. According to team officials it was only revealed after the season was over during a doctor evaluation that Perrin had to go get surgery. His recovery is estimated to be 4 months which puts Perrin at risk of missing the team's first game in Season 70. 

Perrin's agent mentioned how the defensemen had been dealing with issues concerning his shoulder since a game against the Riga Reign in the first quarter of the season. Perrin spoke to TSN briefly over the phone this morning and offered a quick explanation of his own.

"I just took a good hit in a game and felt pain to my shoulder instantly but I thought it was a issue that would heal by itself over time. However, it kept giving me some discomfort throughout the season but I just played through it. Not only till I got doctors to take a further look at my shoulder at the end of the year did I find out the extent of the damage to my shoulder. I hope to come back in time for our first game as i'm really excited to be a part of what's going to be a different team this year."

Perrin has come off a poor season where he only managed 24 points after his 42 point rookie campaign in S68.  After spending much of the last two years on the first pairing alongside Wolf Stansson Jr, Perrin was slated to star on the teams 2nd pairing after the Phantoms acquired more defensive depth over the offseason.

Edited by Sebster03