Perrin enjoying a good start

Seabass

A few months ago it was revealed that Seabass Perrin would undergo offseason shoulder surgery to repair a torn labrum and that he would be in jeopardy of missing the Phantom's home opener as the typical recovery time for such a procedure is around 4 months. 

" It was a difficult offseason for me as the recovery really cut into my typical offseason activities as I live a pretty active lifestyle even when I'm away from the game of hockey. I had difficulty getting some projects done around my pad, it was tough mentally to be so restricted. But as I started my rehabbing my shoulder with some physio I could start to see the light at the end of the tunnel, I could start feeling some results as I got better week by week. I guess i'm still young enough where my body still has the abililty to heal itself rather quickly as it only took me a little over three months to get the team doctors to clear me for my return. "

Boy has he ever returned. He is posting some of the best offensive numbers of his career so far as he blew out of the gate, playing at a point per game pace with 10 points in 10 games played. Considering Perrin only had 24 points during the last season, he's definitely in the running for the VHL's most improved player. Perrin's ten points is only topped by longtime defensive partner, Wolf Stansson Jr. who is having himself a career year as well as he's currently the Phantoms top scorer with 11 points. The Phantoms finished near the bottom of the league standings after not seeing much offense out of their team's defenders (172 total points). They are currently sitting in the 2nd spot in this season's standings much thanks to the added offense from their defenders and steady goaltending from Brick Wahl.