S71 Draft Profiles - Part 6

Patrik Tallinder

1411372801_tallindersdps.jpg.5ecc9f460aef80e8c4550dc2123bb00e.jpg

Welcome back everyone! The S72 draft class eligibility has opened, and there are already some great players to watch out for. As I have for the past two seasons, I will be covering their draft in the third installment of this series. But for now, we'll be keeping our focus on the S71 draft, one that looks to be extremely deep and rich with talent. Here are this week's rankings:

Rankings

1. Kyl Oferson -

2. Roque Davis -

3. Stone Wolski 1

4. Erik Killinger 1

5. Jim Bob 2

6. Ola Vikingstad 1

7. Thomas Landry II 1

8. Uhtred -

9. Hugh Jass -

10. Joe Proto -

Biggest Risers

Kendall Rasmussen 7

Pengu 7

Adam Syreck 6

Biggest Fallers

Woody McPine 12

Nicolas Konig 11

Jeff Blaze 10

Newly Qualified / Requalified

Trey Nets

Xavier Hills

Hunter Harrison

Vin Calia

Carter Fetterly

Chip chiperson

Raiens Grasis

Newly Unqualified

Alex Burrows

Cummins Aulhovere

Fat Beast

Giles Rigel

It is notable that it's literally the end of the week, so my rankings for this week may seem a little outdated by now. I had a busy week, so hope you understand! Jim Bob and Stone Wolski have had a great last couple weeks, and their rankings go up because of that. Alex Burrows is also notably newly unranked, since he hasn't updated in 2+ weeks.

As is tradition, here is the link to my spreadsheet with all my info: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z3UmjHIkmoBNTRdw8dgQdp4kOVhVLVRgPADZOndKJUY/edit?usp=sharing

Stats

Goals

Name 

Assists

Name

Kyl Oferson

Roque Davis

Roque Davis

Uhtred

Hugh Jass

Kyl Oferson

Erik Killinger

Thomas Landry II

Uhtred

Thomas Landry II

Kyl Oferson

Thomas Landy II

Ola Vikingstad

Uhtred

Hugh Jass

Nicolas Konig

Jim Bob

Ola Vikingstad

Hugh Jass

Ola Vikingstad

Erik Killinger

Roque Davis

Erik Killinger

Jim Bob

Bob Helminen

Pengu

Nicolas Konig

Kazimir Komarov

Jason Goeson

Bob Helminen

Name

Save %

Stone Wolski

Joakim Bruden

Hex Valentine

Bennet Dahl

Woody McPine

News

Stone Wolski and Erik Killinger each hit 300 TPE last week.

Zyrok12, Gavin Harris and Bennet Dahl each hit 100 TPE last week.

Stone Wolski and Jim Bob both earned 24 TPE last week, which was the most among draftees.

8 players were created last week.

Mickey Dickson was traded to Mexico City last week.

Gary Neil, Jason Goeson and Ray Sheilds were sent to Yukon for a package including Trey Nets last week.

Zyrok12 was traded to Ottawa for Hunter Harrison and a draft pick.

Profiles

HOU_bar.png

Hugh Jass - D - 241 TPE

With the second highest assist total in the draft class behind only Davis, Jass is absolutely killing it this season from the backend. A two way defenseman with a diverse skillset, the 18 year old is able to control the play anywhere on the ice, and has proven to be a great all-situations defender. He currently sits at a fantastic +61 with 116 shots blocked on top of his already stunning 120 points. His TPE earning has been very consistent, at about 12-13 per week when there are no major uncapped TPE opportunities available. Jass projects to be a star, and one team is going to be thrilled to call his name on draft day.

HFX_bar.png

Pengu - C - 97 TPE

Still pretty new, Pengu has started off his VHL career perfectly, earning every possible capped TPE he can, and picking up some uncapped along the way. With weekly TPE totals of 22, 14, and 14 so far in his young career, he looks to be a high-upside player if he keeps it up. Not to mention that he already has 17 this week too. Although he's behind by almost 20 games, Pengu has already inserted himself into the top ten for the draft class in assists, sitting at 9th with 43. There's no doubt that he could become a VHL star in the future. But as of right now, he still needs to prove it over a larger sample size to be up there with the top guys in this draft, and move up from his current slot at 18. I 100% think he can do it.

OTT_bar.png

Jim Bob - LW - 311 TPE

Jim Bob is the definition of a playmaker. Not only does he contribute himself, but he also makes his linemates better when he's out there. He has a remarkable 66 assists this season, and 82 points. The 6'4" winger is not just about playing with the puck though. What sets him apart from others is an edge that most others don't have in their game. With 289 hits this season already, Bob is establishing himself as one of those players you love when he's on your team, and hate when you're playing against him. His TPE earning has been really impressive, never falling below 13 in any week, and earning 20+ in all but 3 full weeks so far. He should almost surely end up an amazing player, and I'm excited to follow his career.