What went wrong? (And other thoughts) [1/2]

rjfryman

What went wrong in the first round?

That is the question that the wolves have to ask themselves...

We have a great team on paper and two of the highest TPE players in the league. HHH and Julius Freeman again had good seasons but once the playoff started their domination stopped and they just were good, not great. I will own up to the fact that I could have done better but I'm not sure what else to do with my TPE. What is more important that I have 1020 for the rest of my career or do I bump it up further and not have as good final seasons? I know I could have higher TPE overall if I started my career at the deadline but I didn't know better since this is my first character. I wish I could have known better I probably would not have been drafter higher since HHH is a stud but maybe I would be able to have a higher ceiling than 1020 and be able to carry the team better. I have no idea how to be a better teammate other than getting my TPE every week. The sim is a crazy beast that I have no idea how to control or even get on my side. I won a trophy last season but was not even in the running this season. What happened. I wish to be more active sometimes like I used to but it's hard we just had our move and work are a little crazy but hopefully, in the next few weeks life calms down and I can start to be more active again. I know as a captain on the team I could have been better at being there for everyone and honestly, I feel like I need to do better with that. It has been a rough couple of months with life and work. All in all, I think we cannot look at our first-round loss as anything we did or was done to us. I think sometimes the sims are just the sims and we have no power over them. I know with 72 games the best rise to the top but even in a 7 game series a hot goalie or a goalie the sim loves will make a difference. That being said both goalies are great and will be great for some time so I think this might be a match up for the next few seasons. Who knows though.

One question I have for myself that I would love to be tested from someone who has the ability to do sims is growth vs high TPE. I know for Julius Freeman he did not update his TPA all season because he hit his growth last season. Not knowing anything about the sims but does it favor someone growing TPA vs having a high TPA all along? It would be an interesting experiment in my mind and I would love to see that it means for the league and for players if they knew that waiting and upgrading throughout the season would make you peak during the playoffs. From one standpoint I understand that having high TPA from the start is better but I wonder if the sim has anything in the code for growth? Meaning if you could get to the same TPA through the season but have the hidden "growth" points it would mean that you are doing better in the playoffs?

Man Vancouver this year was a doozy... Thought for sure they would do better post season. You brought up some good questions though and I'm curious to see if they get answered. Put me on the contact list for when you find out anything about sim growth ;) good read.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to What went wrong? (And other thoughts) [1/2]