Michael Johnson on Offseason

fonziGG

I caught up with Michael Johnson of the Malmo Nighthawks and got some exciting soundbites out of him. We mostly spoke about the offseason and his expectations for next season as the netminder prepares for a tough upcoming season.

I've spent the last few days hanging out at home and watching all the new Netflix shows. Honestly, after last season, I can't say I was proud of our play as a team. The guys are great, it just didn't click on the ice, and sometimes that happens. It didn't need some afterthought, and sometimes good teams have off years. This season I plan on improving even more. I know there were a lot of expectations on me last year, but I plan on turning it up even more in the upcoming season.

Interesting to catch up with him. I got this soundbite last week, and since then, there was a new announcement that there would be a new General Manager in Malmo, in John Frostbeard. He was previously a GM in the VHLM, and we're quite excited to see what he brings to the top level in the VHL. Next week, I intend on getting his thoughts on the new management scheme.