Claimed:Boychuk's Off-Season Training

Boychuk's Training Regime

The VHL for all players is a huge step in their career, no matter where you come from. It is a big push to move from the minors to the big leagues and requires a ton of heart to make it there. Just because you make it to the VHL, does not mean you will stay there. This is a challenge that all professionals hope to overcome to be truly considered one of the greats. With the amount of top talent in the league today, it is no simple task at all.

For the man selected 8th overall to the Calgary Wranglers in Season 37, there is a fair amount of weight on his shoulders. The team in Calgary has much history within the organization, but these days they are not considered a competitor. The Wranglers have been a bit of a bottom feeder lately but there are high hopes of a comeback with Travis Boychuk coming into the VHL. Calgary has a reliable goaltender in net with Martin Brookside and recently acquired defenseman Godavari Yumalatopinto. With this kind of talent coming in, the Wranglers are starting to get somewhere.

--------------------------------

2bd6d204353eb6064b0f6a7067006791.jpg
Boychuk scores a goal for Europe in the World Cup

--------------------------------

This off-season, Travis Boychuk has been training rigorously awaiting his arrival in the VHL. Every young player who leaves the minors has a certain amount of nerves going forward. This young center knows this is a big step and has been tweaking his skills accordingly. Boychuk will step in as a center to be relied on heavily in the face off circle, where there is a great deal of elite competition to be had.

" I have on the ice every single day aiming to perfect my game. The talent in the VHL will be very different from what I was experiencing in the minors and I am very excited to start. My face offs I have been working on especially. "

Aside from chipping away in the face off dot, Boychuk has been shooting plenty of pucks at the net. With all of his time off, he is still always present on the ice. Travis has not been known as a goal scorer throughout his career, but stepping into the pros he wants to fix that. Mainly, he has been known as a legit play maker with vision that is on another level. With a new jersey on the horizon, Boychuk has been perfecting his wrist shot.

" In the past I have not had a whole lot of luck with hitting the net, but during the summer I have been working with the Calgary coaches trying to get better at it. It is somewhat a work in progress. "

----------------------------------

hi-res-461195015-valeri-nichushkin-of-th
Boychuk hustles for the puck while playing for the Turku Outlaws

----------------------------------

Through the duration of his career in the minors, Travis has never been a clear cut superstar for any team. In Ottawa, he was in the shadow of Kostantin Azhishchenkov. KJA as he often goes by, outshone Boychuk while they were on the Lynx. In Turku, all forwards were outscored by the extremely productive defense core. Coming to Calgary, Boychuk has the chance to make a name for himself among the top in the game.

" My goal this year is to get noticed. I want to bring Calgary a Cup in the long run, but I know that will not come right away. I want to make the Wranglers a team to look out for soon. "

Travis Boychuk is widely considered a workhorse, and this is the kind of lifestyle fans can expect from him. If he has errors in his play, one can bet that he will aim to fix it immediately. The path of his whole career has revolved around hard work and determination. If you are a fan of the Wranglers, you can expect exciting seasons to come.

Edited by travhave

Content: 3/3 - Great stuff. I've never seen Boychuk as a complimentary guy, always as a player you can build a team around. Give it time, and you will find Boychuk becoming an all star in the league.

Grammar: 2/2 - Just one thing.

My face offs I - My face offs, I

Apperance: 1/1 - Pretty colors and keyword color coding. I like that.

Overall: 6/6

Final: 6/6