Official Magic The Gathering Thread

Hey Boy's and Girl's this is a thread where we can all chat about Magic The Gathering(MTG)

Have you guys played the new set Journey To Nyx??

I still have my cards but I most of my cards are from the Urza decks and Tempest/Stronghold. I haven't played in awhile but I still enjoy it but no one I know has them. 

I built some pretty strong decks though. I preferred Green decks imo, not a huge fan of Blue decks but I can totally understand Blue's power, just not my type of game. 

The good thing about Nyxx is it has nerfed alot of the colors and brought some parity to Magic the cards are meant for support or to accent your deck and not to make a whole new one. 

• 2 months later...

I literally just started playing yesterday for the first time ever. I don't have any cards of my own yet, but i'll be looking to buy a deck or two, any for what kind of pack to buy? Thinking about getting that deckbuilder set or something

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I used to be heavy into MTG way back in the day.  This would have been 1996 ... ish?  At some point I realized I was never going to afford to play it at the level that I wanted to (it's a giant money sink), so I burned all of my cards.  If I had no family, unlimited funds, and no other hobbies, then MTG would be a blast.  I still think it's a truly brilliant game, but my competitive nature prevents me from playing it unless I can play it full out.

• 2 months later...