Draft Day with a Prospect

VinCal

Draft Day with Prospect Vin Calia

On draft  day, I was an early bird waking at around 6:30 and went for a quick run. I spent the weekend at my childhood home with my parents and my mom made me a big breakfast like she used too. After breakfast and a hot shower, I spent most of the morning talking to my dad whom I've always looked up too, and has a lot to do with my success.

At noon, my brother and his family came over to spend the day with us. We would have had a hug draft party but with everything going on in the world with this virus, it was best to keep it small. I was on the phone off and on with my agent all afternoon discussing what rumors and information he was hearing.

At draft time the rumor we were hearing was third round, late 2nd. When my phone rang and it was GM Mattias of the HC Davos Dynamo, letting me know they were selecting me with the 16th overall pick, there was a mix of nerves and excitement. After talking extensively with Gustav and meeting a few of the Dynamo players, I knew this was the perfect place to start my career.

I look forward to taking the ice for Davos, when ever my time comes. When that time does comes, they will be getting 110% effort every night.