Nils Friedriksen - Pre-Draft Q&A

Nils,  

What do you expect to be the biggest jump from Norway to the VHLM to be?

What is your planned training program for the upcoming season?

In Canada the was a raging conversation about whether or not a hot dog is a sandwich.  What are some of the stranger debates you have heard at home?

@Biggreen10

1. Is your favorite movie The Big Green? 
  2. What are you looking for when picking a team?
  3. Being a waiver pick means you have all the power to choose your team, how much do you like that or would you have rather been drafted?
  4. What do you see yourself working on attributes wise during this season?
  5. What do you think is your biggest strength?
  6. What do you want potential VHLM GMs to know about Nils?

11 minutes ago, Poptart said:

@Biggreen10

1. Is your favorite movie The Big Green? I'm a big fan of action films, very much looking forward to the new James Bond once it comes out.
  2. What are you looking for when picking a team? I'd like somewhere that I can get starts on a regular basis. I don't mind a team that is working its way up, but I know that game time is essential to my development.
  3. Being a waiver pick means you have all the power to choose your team, how much do you like that or would you have rather been drafted? Everyone would always like to say they were drafted, but I knew missing the draft due to flight confusion was always going to be a challenge to getting drafted. At this point, I'm going to make the best of it.
  4. What do you see yourself working on attributes wise during this season? I'd like to take a balanced approach to my development, but I think rebound control will be essential. Can't go around giving up easy goals.
  5. What do you think is your biggest strength? I'm a big guy with the quickness of a small keeper, which should help when working in traffic.
  6. What do you want potential VHLM GMs to know about Nils? I'm a fun guy in the locker room and have a great track record with injury.

Thanks for the questions @Poptart!

10 hours ago, KenFury said:

Nils,  

What do you expect to be the biggest jump from Norway to the VHLM to be? Basically everything, while coming up in Norway was fine to get this far, the VHLM is much faster, more physical, and more skillful. The only thing that's going to be easier is the weather.

What is your planned training program for the upcoming season? Off the ice, I want to focus on developing more lean muscle and flexibility. Flexibility is so key to avoiding injuries.

In Canada the was a raging conversation about whether or not a hot dog is a sandwich.  What are some of the stranger debates you have heard at home? I'd like to weight in on that debate. In Norway, we wrap our hotdogs in lefse, kind of like a tortilla. So for us the question becomes if a hotdog in a lefse is a sandwich, must also a taco or burrito become a sandwich? Now I'm not here to start that debate, but I'm always curious to try a new way to eat a hotdog!

Thanks for the questions @KenFury