S71 VHLM Season Underway

dasboot

Canucks_Flames_Fight_Two_Seconds.jpg

With the drop of the puck, S71 of the VHL and M got underway last night. Amongst all the Covid-19 pandemic, VHL Commissioners said, "Fuck it, we're gonna keep playing." And that's exactly what we have started. For youngster Latrell Mitchell of the Minnesota Storm, the continuation of the season has him excited. "I could be back in Australia in quarantine with the shit show going on over there, everyone are losing their jobs, my parents included, so I'm gonna play to make some money to support them back home." Although Minnesota didn't get off to the start that they wanted, dropping 2 of their 3 opening games, management and the players are still optimistic. "I feel we have what it takes to repeat this year. We have a great team, it's just lots of new faces so we have to get used to playing together, that's all," said Latrell. Mitchell who posted just 4 points, all assists, in 18 games last season with Mexico City has already matched that total in just 3 games this season. He started off the season strong getting his first career VHLM goal in the first game of the season. "I feel like my off-season training has really shown, I've worked my ass off and I hope I've impressed the doubters. Obviously lots of my success thus far goes to the great teammates I have, but I hope it's only up from here. It doesn't matter what my stat line is if the team isn't winning, that's number one for me." Management of the Storm has liked Mitchell's enthusiasm and leadership skills thus far, even going as far to put an 'A' on his jersey this season. Mitchell said, "It's an absolute honour to be an alternate captain in my first full season in the league. It was really unexpected too so was a nice surprise. I'm going to go out and show them it wasn't a mistake to give me that letter." We'll keep you updated as the season progresses on Latrell Mitchell and the Minnesota Storm.

Edited by dasboot