My Random VHL Thoughts - S71 - Part 1

Fire Tortorella

• So, we're in S71 now, which means this is Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen's 7th season, and the beginning of the twilight of his career. I do not have the same attributes as I did last season for the first time in a long time, and it's definitely affecting my stats. While my defensive counting stats are much higher than last year, I only have 5 points to my name so far. I know it's early, but it's looking like my chances at another Valiq, Labatte, or Beketov are slim. Might still have a chance at a Wylde
  • If you would have told me everything above about my player, I would have thought that meant Vladimir Pavlov took over the role as number 1 defenseman. While it's still very likely that will happen as the season progresses, that's not the case currently. Leading the team in scoring is defenseman Oskar Lagesson, with 10 points in 8 games.
  • Moscow is currently 5-3. I'm not freaking out, since it's still early in the season, but we need to pick it up and hold ourselves to a higher standard if we want to repeat as Continental Cup Champs.