'I'm No Goon!' (redux)

Andre LeBastard

'I'm No Goon!'
Mississauga Hounds rookie centre Andre LeBastard spoke to local Mississagua News reporter Nomas Veritas, following last night's 8-3 loss at the hands of the second place Yukon Rush. Lebastard was busy early in the VHLM game, as the Ottawa native fought Vin Calia and then was promptly handed a Game Misconduct for Instigation, all this just 3 seconds after the opening face-off. Our statisticians are checking to see if that is some sort of League record for the earliest ever Game Misconduct penalty. A Game Misconduct penalty three seconds after the opening face-off is pretty impressive, by any standard.

Vin Calia (YUK) for Fighting (Major) at 0:03, Andre Lebastard (MIS) for Fighting (Major) at 0:03, Andre Lebastard (MIS) for instigated a fight (Game Misconduct) at 0:03

Full Game Highlights

"Look", LeBastard told our reporter, "I'm no goon", he (Calia), said something to me and I reacted and I gave him a couple of punches in the face, that's all."  "After the game, back in the room, Coach told me I need to relax a little bit, so hopefully, I can avoid getting another game Misconduct Penalty like that". 

Speculation as to just what the Yukon player might have said to Andre to get that sort of response is rife on social media, but LeBastard would not be drawn, saying "As far as I am concerned the matter was dealt with on the ice." "I don't like getting the Game Misconduct penalty, obviously. For sure it doesn't help the team, but sometimes as a rookie, you have to step up." "Everybody knows Calia is in the Top Five in league scoring, but Coach also told me not to give anyone too much respect, regardless." At 6'3" and 202lbs, Andre LeBastard certainly has the size to look after himself on the ice in any physical contest, if not the desire to play only a physical game. "As I said, I don't see myself as that kind of player." "I have two older brothers and they used to push me around when we were kids a lot, but since I got big they stopped", he said with a smile. "so I can handle myself, I just like to play a more offensive role", he finished.

I was asked to repost this here