rjfryman log #8

rjfryman

Short and sweet this week.

We had a good WJC. Got a lot of our backlog stats done. Only thing left to do is complete this season's info as well as finish the huge backlog of player stats from basically the beginning. We have a lot of the code done in order to go and get all the stats for the individual games, I need to finish up the finals steps of the web scraper for the index. It's not as fun as using the API but hey it gets the info and isn't too hard. it's easy to just put on a movie or a watch some tv and crunch it out. Should get it done soon.

Also working on getting a draft board maker going. probably just going to do a spike and get some things going with it as more of a proof of concept

Honestly, the cool things I'm working are right now are some projects that I am not ready to reveal but it will be fun. 

One idea that I am still tossing around is expanding my web scrapper to also grab every seasons info from S18 to present. Will require looking at the patterns for all those indexes but honestly if it means we can have some really cool stuff from all that past it would be really cool. 

• Admin
13 minutes ago, rjfryman said:

One idea that I am still tossing around is expanding my web scrapper to also grab every seasons info from S18 to present.

I assume you've seen Corco's spreadsheets and just wont more info?

1 minute ago, Victor said:

I assume you've seen Corco's spreadsheets and just wont more info?

I have seen a lot of spreadsheets but not all of them. But Im hoping that If I get what Im hoping to get done it will impress all those before myself and due justice to the data.