Day in a Life - Tyler Walker (Entry 4)

Advantage

Bam, there goes the Marlins just like that.  After a solid playoff run that saw them upset Minnesota in the first round, the young and ferocious Marlins would fall just like that.  Tyler Walker had a solid playoff run with two goals and thirteen assists in the team's twelve game go.  Walker was recently described in the San Diego Journal as a "demonstrably offensive defenseman that can hold his own in defensive acumen.  Being a tremendous skater and instinctively offensive, Walker possesses all the traits to be the VHL's Cale Makar, and take the league by storm."

Another scout explained what he sees that is special about Walker's game when he said: "The man possesses great skating ability, with a clear specialty in poise and pace.  Moving the puck at an impressive pace,  positionally stalwarting opponents at a level only dreamed about by some of the greatest defenders of our time, Walker only continues to impress in my mind and many opponents.  I see him as an original sleeper of this draft class, who has come on become one of it's true studs."  

Time seemingly will tell if he has the potential of being a top pick in the Season 73 Draft.  With another season to go before we find out, the question will become whether or not Walker is the first or second pick, rather than will he become a top five pick in the draft.  "My only concern is that his attitude becomes his hindrance as he will go through a high-stress year where his future could be dependent on the events of each and every game of the year."

T.W.7.

•