JaredN graphic

jared

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 9:46 AM, jared said:

start of a new chapter....

215F7E83-DCFD-4C54-A7CA-7690937C17BA.jpeg

Hello jared. I am here to review your graphic. I think the quality of graphic you've submitted here is in jeopardy of potentially being rejected in the future. Ultimately, you've taken a pic of a Florida Panthers player, added some text layers (I appreciate using different fonts for the different text elements though) and a screenshot from the vhl portal.

Pros:

- Your graphic provides us some statistical information for your player, which is good.

- You used a hockey player, which is on-brand with the VHL.

- You used different fonts for different elements of the graphic. It's not all the same font, which is good. 

Cons:

- Florida Panthers logo is clearly visible. Normally you'd want to do a 'logo swap' or 'jersey change' (you can youtube both of these terms for a tutorial on how to do it) to your team's VHL logo. 

- The graphic itself is too small. You've gone with dimensions of 320 pixels x 180 pixels. I think the smallest you want to go, for a sim league graphic, is 400 pixel width and 200 pixel height. The graphic is so small, it's almost impossible to make out the text in the VHL Portal screenshot, across the bottom of the graphic.

- There's really no attempt at anything artistic here. We have a picture of an NHLer with some text on it.

Here is a classic sim league tutorial about making signatures/graphics which has a lot of useful information:

Here is a VHL sub-forum which also has 5 pages of threads that have additional info / resources for making a good/passable graphic:

https://vhlforum.com/forum/103-resources-discussion/

Gorlab rating:  2/10