WSJ Reflects on Stuff

Cornholio

Wolf Stansson, Jr. Is four seasons into his VHL career. About to embark on his fifth season and apparently the last prime season before regression starts. Damn. Time sure flies by fast.

So what has Wolf accomplished? 

Nothing really. Two early postseason exits. A build that hasn’t really performed up to my expectations at all. I thought that this might be a little fun after my uncapping VHLM season, but apparently this hasn’t translated over to the bigs. 

Despite Wolf’s immense stature, he isn’t much of a hitting, punishing defenseman- opting to use his size and ability to try and create plays, if not goals for himself. Create plays... well, I’m not completely sure if this is the case. Wolf is nowhere near the top of the team leaderboard in any statistical category. 

The only thing I can kind of hang my hat on is his plus/minus... after a rough rookie season, Wolf has performed admirably in even-strength on the ice. I think that’s the only thing I can take away... meh. Not really encouraging and I think WSJ will be a one-and-done kind of thing for me here in the VHL.