Bob takes part in measuring contest, disqualified

jRuutu

measure2.jpg?t=1447702534

The last months have not been easy, the Coronavirus has affected the way we live our lives. It is no different in Finland, various events have been either canceled or moved to an online setting. One of the events that were moved to online surroundings was the annual cock measuring competition called Cocks and Helsinki. A prestigious event that has deep roots in Helsinki especially due to the fact that the city of Helsinki has traditionally speaking been the location where people from the countryside and from smaller cities move to work and study. Over 30 years ago the noble competition made its way into the city and it has been an annual event ever since.

The decision to organize the event online met a lot of criticism, the majority of the critics questioned how the measuring process will be done? Usually, there have been two different judges who measure each cock. The average of each measurement was the final result. When the competition happens through webcams, it opens a real opportunity for cheating. You can do a lot with angles and zoom. The organizing party planned well ahead and were able to convince the critics that fair competition is still possible.

The organizers put up strict rules, in order to take part in the competition each cock must be photographed from various angles, the pictures are then sent with the participation form before the competition starts. The pictures were supposed to eliminate any foul play and for the most part, it worked, but some still tried their luck.

Disqualified.jpg?resize=300,330&ssl=1

One of those was Helsinki winger Jim Bob, who got disqualified in the middle of the competition! The judges analyzed the pictures and compared those to the live video playing in their screens, it was obvious Bob had submitted fake pictures. The size and even color looked different in the live video.

Jim Bob himself did not even try to deny the fact that the pictures he used were not his:

I want to apologize to the organizers of Cocks and Helsinki. The pictures I sent were not mine, I asked a friend to help me out since I felt my own was not big enough for the competition.  I saw the pictures from previous years' competition, they were some big ones, so I wanted to try my luck. Even if there was very little chance for me not getting caught.

Jim Bob received a 1000 euro fine and he is banned from entering the next year's competition. Unfortunately, Jim Bob getting caught cheating is nothing new in the competition's rich history, the pride and bragging rights of having the biggest cock are something that has moved many participants to try desperate moves.

Bob cheating received mixed comments from the audience, some sympathized and thought the 1000 euro fine was enough of a punishment. Some wanted Bob to receive a lifetime ban from the competition for making a mockery of event that has come a long way from the old days, despite unusual circumstances - the competition should still be respected and taken seriously.

Bob has the right to appeal, but there has not been any information if Jim Bob will do so. The final deadline to submit an appeal is 10.6.

I assume this is indeed an article about roosters! Otherwise it's a bit risque haha. It was funny, and provided an insight into the farm-escapades of your player. It would be interesting to see more! That was not some kind of double entendre. It would have been kind of cool if reference to his hockey playing career could have been made. Like linking the cheating here to a specific season of higher penalty minutes or something. Still, it was well-written, albeit odd. At least this wasn't a cockfighting contest, as cruelty to animals isn't cool. Good work overall! Score: 7/10

A different spin on the standard tpe generation article and it was amusing. The addition of the odd graphic or two and the quote helped  pace the article and make it easy on the eye. However, all this talk about measuring...and not a single cock in sight. I want to see cock pics, ffs! The bigger the better.

The only thing better than a big cock is bacon...mmm bacon!

I have to award this

6.5/10

For lack of cockage.