Interview with Miami Marauders young star Dakota Lamb

osens

Miami Marauders have been really successful with their prospect pool and one of the golden tickets of last VHLM draft was Dakota Lamb. He has been a monster on ice, he is one of the best players on the ice and he has not even fulfilled his potential. We have gotten Dakota Lamb and asked some interesting questions to him, to get to know youngster from Canada a little bit more.

8 Ways to Make a Great First Impression at an Interview - The Muse

You have been a huge star in VHLM this season, being very successful in your first season in newly made team Miami Marauders. You seem very polished as a player, where would you like to improve more, to be even better?

Yeah, I pride myself on my all-around play. I'd like for teams to be afraid of me in both the offensive and defensive zone. My offensive stats are right where I want them to be, so I am looking to improve more in the d zone, starting off with my faceoffs, puck handling, and passing as soon as possible.

You have seen yourself thrown all-around in lines but you always get a lot of points. Who are your most favorite teammates to play with?

Wherever my team needs me, I am more than happy to play. I don't care that much about production, but of course, it's nice. Whatever is best for the team is where I like to play, but it's always a little sweeter to hop over the boards with my friends. 

There have been a lot of allegations for your teammate Oh Sens and his illegal activities, do you have something to say on these matters?

As long as Oh Sens isn't getting into too much trouble with both the league and the law, he can do what he wants. I worry about that kid, he's a riot, but I'm afraid he's headed down a dark path. I'm sure he is responsible enough to know what he's getting into. 

A lot of young players has got a legend, that they look up to, do you have your favorite player, that you look up to and why exactly that player? Maybe you are trying to shape your play like him?

As a kid, and even into my junior career, I always looked up to Patrice Bergeron. Even though he is a rightie and I'm a leftie, I try my hardest to model myself after him, both on and off the ice. Just the two-way dominance he shows, plus the absolute class he has at all times is something I strive to be.

Your team has been marketing a line of you, Florent Vericel and Oh Sens as ''Kids'', and you all should be pretty good friends off the ice. Would you be willing to bring this line to VHL too or is it only Miami thing?

I would love that if we could carry that over to the VHL. As unlikely as it is, we could carry the chemistry we have and continue to produce. If VHL GMs are reading this, make it happen. 

Lately, you have spoken out about the stolen opportunity to be a part of WJC this year. Is there any way you would change the World Junior Championship format, so anything like this doesn't happen again?

There are always going to be good players left off of the World Junior Championship teams. There's not much you can change there. It sucks for sure, but all you can really do is make those World Junior Championship GMs look silly for not taking you. 

In the junior leagues, there are a lot of talents and great players with massive potential. But sometimes players don't work too hard and they don't become the best version of themselves. Who is the hardest working player on your team and do you think you work hard enough to complete your VHL dream?  

Well, first of all, I just have to applaud management. Miami management has made most of us, myself included, the best version of ourselves. Shoutout to Ricer and BigAL for that. Players-wise, I'll give a shoutout to Oh Sens, Andre LeBastard, and Kosmo Kramerev. These guys have been core and star players for us, leading the way in the locker room, showing us what work ethic we should strive to have. Personally, I have been trying my absolute hardest to raise my VHL draft stock. I want to be a star in every league I'm in, and I will do almost anything to achieve that goal. So yes, I think I do.

Thank you for the interview Mr. Lamb.

Dakota Lamb has been a household name in this season and teams doing scouting report on Miami Marauders always put huge exclamation mark next to Lamb name because he is one of the most dangerous players on the ice right now and I am not talking about only VHLM, I think Dakota Lamb would be really dangerous in VHL too and he is a player, which you could always love. He has his story of being underappreciated and Dakota is the perfect underdog story. He didn't make World Juniors Championship, but he will bounce back and if he is going to perform like this next year, he will definitely get in next year. Miami Marauders has got all assets to contend really and with Dakota Lamb in front, the future is bright. 

image.thumb.png.a78fe1602fb96503c6a7d369b9551583.png

The young player from Canada, Dakota Lamb has got a lot of room still to grow, but he is looking really promising and people will be talking about him years to come. With the right workload and correct people, Lamb is destined for greatness. No one can predict how good can Lamb look when he is getting the VHL team's resources in training and world-class coaches but if he is looking scary already, he will be a terminator in few years.  Dakota Lamb said that he tries to shape his game like Patrice Bergeron, but if he keeps up his training, he could be like him but only a hundred times scarier than Bergeron ever was.

/little bit over 1000 words/

@dlamb

• 2 weeks later...