Killinger doubles PIMs, tells referee to fuck off.

Peace

TORONTO, ONTARIO -- Legion defensemen Erik Killinger has doubled his penalty minutes after moving to defense for the Toronto Legion, which wouldn't surprise anyone considering he's developed an irritatingly more aggressive play style after a relatively disciplined rookie season; Killinger sits fifth in the league among defenders in hits, and remains in that position when we look at penalty minutes by defenders with more than twenty six games as well. His aggressive nature also has him heated, perhaps a reason he's been released before a game to go fishing, but most recently -- during a 6-4 loss to Seattle -- the sophomore VHL'er told a referee to kindly go away and shove a boot up where the sun doesn't shine. 

He received five separate minor penalties. 

"It's frustrating," Killinger commented. "I feel like every time I lift a stick, they're saying I slashed the dude, or when buddy takes a dive they call me for tripping." 

GM Rylan Peace was seen screaming from the press boxes in Seattle, apparently telling his top defender to stay out of the box. 

Relations between Killinger and Legion GM Peace have stabilized, so we've been told, however we believe there is tension between the two -- nothing impacting the teams performance on the ice, but the two of them seem to be at each others throats within the confines of a closed door. GM Peace wants him to take less penalties and smarted up, and we've seen a touch of effort to watch where his stick is going since the earlier loss. 

Time will tell.