Jungkok’s Journey Continues in VHL

Baozi

• Head Moderator

Jungkook of BTS Goes Viral for His New Long Hair — Photos | Allure

In his rookie season in the VHL, Jungkok has definitely encountered many things to learn. Through 56 games, Jungkok has managed only 3 goals and 14 points in his debut season as a pro. When looking at it in the overall scope of things, it isn’t that bad to say the least. While scoring and putting up points has certainly been a struggle for him even, the one thing fans have noticed is that he hasn’t lost any of his physical edge for the game. With 155 hits, now second on the team, Jungkok has maintained his ability to play with a physical edge despite battling against older, more experienced players. That being said going forward he will have to learn better to control his penalties as he also sits 2nd highest on the team for penalty minutes.

“I think it is a very hard league to play in, I mean we’re talking about the best in the world all here so goals are obviously much harder to come by, it’s definitely something I will have to keep on working at for sure. Speed, accuracy and power...the goalies now are so much better than in the M that unless I’m firing better shots now than before, they will stop it. But this is only part of the process to get better. I may have the size but people here are faster and more experienced so I will be looking at working on those things during the off season for sure.” - Jungkok, Vancouver Wolves

While the Vancouver Wolves were expected to challenge for the cup this year, things have certain not been going their way. After free falling in the standings, the management team of the Vancouver wolves decided to sell assets in order to re-tool. Star players were traded meaning there was no real insulation for the newly formed rookie line of Jungkok, Joe Proto and DiGiannantonio. All of which have their fair share of struggles as rookies in this deep league but none other than Joe Proto, whom had started off strong, but has seemed to stagnate in his development over the last few weeks. None the less, Gino and Jungkok have all been seen taking further steps as the season has progressed but its clear that they have a ways to go before becoming impact players in the VHL. When asked about their season expectations…

“I mean obviously things don’t always go the way you want, we’re still trying our best to make the playoffs. Once we are there, then all bets are off and you don’t know what can happen. For me I’m just going out there every night and just playing my game. I do best when it’s nice and simple. Drive the net, play physical and defend my teammates. I’m going into each of these games with the intention to try and help my team win. Obviously we have some really talented guys like Joe and Gino learning as well as myself but I think with some work and experience, we’ll  be able to be the big boys of the league. Just obviously we’re taking some lumps right now, but that’s part of the learning process that everyone goes through anyways.” - Jungkok, Vancouver Wolves

He grinned at his last statement, obviously not perturbed by the lack of his personal success for the moment. Its quite easy to see that there is tons of improvement available for Jungkok, time will tell if he will be able to fill out in those areas and be the impact player we have seen in prior to his rookie season here.