Short catchup with Jogr

Temppi

A short interview I did with Joromir Jogr through Skype:

Hi Joromir, how has the life been in the US so far?

- Hey man, it's nice to chat with you again. I've been enjoying US so far, people here are very friendly and the food is awesome. I've gained like 8kg!

Thats uhmm....great I guess?

- Yes, I'm transforming this weight into muscles. You know, I want to be bigger so nobody has a chance of getting the puck away from me.

Oh I see. Sounds good. You've been playing very good hockey in the past weeks you've been here. 10 goals and 14 assists in 22 games. How do you feel? 

- Points are points. I don't really care about points. I only care about winning. But I think that if I score more points it really helps at getting wins. 

You're right. If you keep performing at that level then I'm pretty sure that we'll see Ottawa having a long run.

- That's what I'm hoping too. I think we have a good atmosphere in the team and we all enjoy playing here so I don't see any obstacles on our way.

That's good to hear. And you can really see that on ice too. You are playing very well together.

- Thank you. I was kind of hoping to hear that. *laughs*

Do you miss Czech Republic?

- Well, I didn't miss it until I wrote an article about my off-day schedule to VHLforums earlier today. I talked about food here in the States and started to miss my mother's boar stew. Best food ever. I you ever visit Czech when I'm on vacation, don't hesitate to call me. We'll have some stew together.

Thank you very much for the invitation, If I'm there, I'll let you know for sure. Is there anything else you want to say?

- Not really. Thanks for the interview and see you in the game. I'm going to dedicate my next goal to the boar stew.

Thanks Jogr. Good luck!

And there goes Jogr. We'll see what plans the future has for him. Stay tuned.