Center Ice Sports Media: Face of a New Franchise?

CENTER ICE SPORTS MEDIA with a one on one interview with Victor Grachev, 06/29/2020 @ 15:13

Orson Brouwer: Good afternoon! Spencer Brouwer here with Center Ice Sports Media, and I'm here with Victor Grachev who has been slowly climbing the ranks of the Pre Draft rankings for the next season of the VHL with plenty of teams taking notice. But what is especially enticing is the possibility of being selected by one of the newest expansion teams to the VHL. Victor, when you came to the league, I presume you had dreams about playing for Moscow when you grew older. Looking at mock drafts, it may look like you will be headed somewhere else. Comments?

Victor Grachev: You know, as much as I want to play for Moscow, I just want to play. I go where my draft team needs me. If I play New York, I play. If I play London, I play.

O: Right, you could have the unique chance of being a relatively new player to that franchise, give people a new player to root for.

V: When put that way, it is nice! Victor want to play hockey, and doesn't matter what team it is.

O: Another reality that a lot of new players face in the league is the idea of being traded. I know when you played in St. Petersburg, you tried out, signed with the club, and played two solid seasons there. Do you think about what it would be like to be traded at all in the future as a hockey player?

V: I do think about this sometime, and it is important to remember this is business. Must be professional about it and go where I am traded, even if I love team I already play for.

O: Already with a professional mindset! Is that something you figured out on your own, or...

V: My father, he taught me how to behave and act. He was great to me as father and mentor.

O: I see, and I am absolutely sure he is proud of the player you are today. Victor before you head out to the ice to get ready for tonight's game, the story is that you have a fan group called The Pucking Russians who are now trending after a viral video of last night's game and the interview you gave in the locker room describing them. Any further comments on them?

V: Great group of friends, always good to have guys cheering me on at games.

O: You think they want you to end up somewhere specific in the upcoming draft?

V: Anywhere with vodka. Moscow could be nice, but we make anywhere fun. Thank you Orson.

O: Thanks Victor, good luck tonight.

V: Thanks, go Reapers.

Edited by KaleebtheMighty