Uhtred's sophomore campaign ends in failure.

leafsman

Uhtred second season as a bear was much less successful than his rookie campaign from both a team and a personal standpoint and can be classified as a failure. Uhtred production saw a big drop from the season before and the defending Champs were knocked out in the first round.   

Uhtred's offensive numbers were down all across the board in his second season. He scored 6 less goals and 9 less assists this past season. He also took 53 less shots than a year ago which can help to account for probably alot of the decrease in his point total. If Uhtred had another 53 shots on goal to match last year's total, with his shooting percentage that would translate to 4.5 more goals. If he had more shots on goal then his assist total would probably increase slightly if one of those shots resulted in a teammate banging home the rebound.   

Uhtred's ice time went up this season and as a result a bunch of defensive stats increased in his second season. He blocked almost 3 times as many shots as he did as a rookie. Uhtred's hits almost double rising to 52 from the 31 he had as rookie. The increased ice time and the increase in hits are likely the reasons why Uhtred's penalty minutes double to 32 this season. 

Uhtred's playoff numbers were better than his cup winning game rookie season. In the cup winning season Uhtred had a goal and 6 assists in the 17 games it took the Bears to win the cup. This season Uhtred almost matched his playoff total from last season in just the 5 games it took for the bears to be eliminated from the playoffs. He scored a goal and 4 assists this season and was a minus 2 this season (equal to last year's playoff total). Although his personal stats per game are better this season Uhtred doesn't care about that at all and would trade in his personal stats for a cup win. It feel good to put up a point a game in the playoffs this year but we lost and that overshadows all those stats. At the end of the day winning is the only thing that matters to me. If I am putting up good numbers but we aren't winning then those numbers don't mean much. I would rather score less like last season and help us win the cup in other ways like last season rather than putting up better numbers only to have us lose. Because we were eliminated so quickly this year this season was an absolute bust in my eyes. Not only did I produce less during the regular but we lost and that's what stings the most. 

Uhtred is now back in England training for his third season in the VHL. Uhtred hopes to be back in Seattle next season but that may not be a guarantee with the upcoming expansion draft. Uhtred hopes to be one of the players the bears protect as he loves playing in Seattle. "I want to stay in Seattleans I want to emphasize that but if I were to be selected in the expansion draft I hope it would be with London. If I have to leave Seattle I would want to be able to play in my home country but if it were up to me I'd be a bear again nest season.