Calgary vs. Toronto Quick Recap

CALGARY - The Calgary Wranglers are currently in a tight series against the New York Americans which is soon to go to game 7. They have been fighting hard against the New York team. The series has been going back and forth as New York won the first game but then Calgary looked hot winning the next two games in a row. However, New York got that one back. Calgary took the series lead the next game with a score of 3 goals to 1 but then lost game 6, allowing the New York Americans to tie it up. And now, the two teams are locked as they look to see who will move on to the Continental Cup finals. 

"Yeah, we're looking to play hard next game and to make sure that we are the ones dominating. We are going to play the hardest we have in these entire playoffs. It's do or die again for us. We did it against Toronto and we can do it against New York. I mean, this is it. Our only choice is to win. I'll have to play my hardest and make sure I can make the saves I need to. This is the final game of this series and we can't afford to lose."

This isn't the only series that the Calgary Wranglers have seen go to game 7. In the first round against the Toronto Legion, the Calgary Wranglers came out on top after a hard fought series. It all started with a 5-2 win for the Wranglers. Lafontaine had a solid night where he made 28 saves out of the 30 shots he faced. RJ Jubis scored 2 for the Wranglers and so did Mikko Lahtinen, Kris Rice, and Willie Dredge, the latter three scoring one each. 

It looked like Calgary was going to run away with the series after the second game, where the Wranglers beat the Legion 3-1. Mikko Lahtinen scored 2 goals and Edwin THE Encarnacion scored 1 while Lafontaine had a good night making 30 out of 31 saves. 

However, the Legion ended up flipping the script in the next game where they beat Calgary with a score of 6-3. Kris Rice, Mikko Lahtinen, and Willie Dredge each scored a goal however the Legion were able to get 6 of their 37 shots in. Jaxx Hextall had a great performance where he made 36 saves out of 39 shots.

Game 4 gave the Legion an opportunity to tie the series up. It was close but the Legion ended up winning with the game winner coming from Fredrik Elmebeck in dramatic fashion. The Legion had life. Sigard Gunnar scored 2 goals while Tyler Barabash Jr. and Kris Rice each scored one.

The Calgary Wranglers seemed to be back on their feet for game 5, however, where they won with a score of 4-1. Willie Dredge scored 2 while Kris Rice and rookie Latrell Mitchell each scored one to put the game away. Lafontaine had a great game where he only let in one shot out of the 44 he faced.

Once again, however, the Legion were able to rally together and win game 6 to force the series into game 7 where Jaxx Hextall stole the show, saving 35 of the 36 shots he faced. The lone Calgary goal came from Willie Dredge.

The Wranglers won game 7 in a dramatic fashion, the score ending up being 4-3. Mikko Lahtinen and Sigard Gunnar each scored a goal to put the Wranglers on the board but by the end of the third period, the Legion were leading 3-2. However, Kris Rice was able to come in clutch and ended up scoring 2 goals to tie the game and ultimately win the game. The series was over.