Squirrley dan interview: playoffs and future

jacobaa19

Sportsnet590 

With the Minnesota Storm being eliminated in 6 to the Mexico City kings we’re here with the storms captain Squirrley Dan. What are your thoughts right now? 

well obviously I’m very disappointed I thought we had the team to do it. But we didn’t show up, and that’s not me throwing anyone under the bus we had a good group of guys and not one of us took over and led the team. We came into this playoffs thinking we were the team to beat. I believe we were and that just means Mexico gave a better effort

what did you think of Mcpines performance? 

Well obviously he won us a few games but we didn’t really help him out. He made the saves he had to but we weren’t there to help him.

so with three straight years of post season hockey how does it feel not making it farther then the second round?

Well obviously it’s a piss off. Every player wants to win a cup but I would’ve liked to win one In both leagues. Sure I put up the points but it really meant absolutely nothing. Right now my focus is succeeding In the VHL. I’m looking to make an immediate impact on the roster.

what are your thoughts on the recent expansion?

Well I think it’s great for the league I’d love to play for an expansion team but honestly I’m happy to be in Vancouver. I think the league should really expand more if I’m being honest. Since I’ve been a fan of hockey I’ve wanted to see a team in Montreal.

What’s your opinion on the expansion teams?

I think the LA stars are my favourite. They’ve got a beautiful logo. I really like the colours too. I’m not sold on Chicago. I was never a fan of the name Phoenix not sure why. The London unites are easily second best colour scheme is great the logo is just gorgeous and the name is clever. My least favourite by default is Warsaw. No clue where Warsaw is so I can’t really give my opinion. I think the logo is nice and it goes with the name.

With your team out of the playoffs who do you think is the front runner?

So before the playoffs started we thought philly was our biggest contender. So I don’t know. I can see Mexico winning if not Philly.

So what are your immediate goals with Vancouver this coming season?

Well like I said before I want to make an immediate impact. If I can’t put up the points then I want to improve my game defensively. I want to help my team anyway I can. Any line I play on I’m going to make an impact. I’m the rookie so i know I have to earn my spot, I’m not expecting ice time right away.

Well thank you for coming on Dan that’s all the time we have, I wish you the best of luck next season in the big league.

Yeah thanks I’ll come on anytime.

Word count 512