A Look at the London United's Opening Day Players

McWolf

A week ago, the expansion teams didn't even have one player on their rosters. Since then, they were able to select up to five players in the VHL Expansion Draft and they had four round worth of prospects to select from in the VHL Entry Draft. Now seems like a good time to look at one of these teams, the London United, and assess the state of their inaugural day roster.

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

Guy Lesieur

RW | S69 | 770 TPA

Our current star. Guy Lesieur's timeline doesn't fit the team's at all. He's in his prime right now, but he'll be stuck with a bunch of rookies and when the team is ready to make a run for a Cup in 3 or 4 seasons, he'll be nearing retirement, if he hasn't already hung his skates by then. But I was still very happy to steal him from D.C. in the expansion draft. The French sniper has shown interest in only two teams before the draft started: the D.C. Dragons and the London United. And when you can add a player of this level to your team for free, you don't miss this opportunity.

Jay Jones

C | S72 | 261 TPA

Our first ever player, Jay Jones was the first overall selection in the expansion draft and deservedly so. No other available player matched his talent at such a young age, and therefore his potential. I wanted one player to build my team around in the expansion draft, one player who would still around long term and be our long-term star and Jones was that player for us. He has the best shot of our younger crop of players and should rival Lesieur for the team lead in goals in the near future.

James Rose

D | S72 | 246 TPA

Currently our only active defenseman on the roster - actually the only defenseman at all, I still haven't gotten any inactive free agent dman, oops - James Rose was a player I had my eye on early in the expansion draft process. The Canadian blueliner has the tools to become one of the best offensive blueliners in the league, with his nasty slapshot and his precise apples. Look for him to be our quarterback for years to come.

The Terrible Trivium

RW | S73 | 230 TPA

The only Season 73 draftee on the roster, The Terrible Trivium decided to forego his last season of VHLM eligibility to join the London United in their inaugural season. The disciplined two-way forward is seeking revenge this season, as virtually every other team had a chance to select him before the English franchise did so with the 31st overall pick, near the end of the 2nd round. A total of 13 players were selected before him with less TPE. Some had 213 to his 214, but some were way lower on the scale - 154 was the lowest - so I was pretty happy that he slipped down to us, and I wouldn't mind if he's mad at other teams and want to make them pay.

A bunch of inactive free agents

Koda Adok, Mac Hooper, and many more to come. The London United missed the train on the only high profile and active free agent in Hunter Hearst Helmsley, which forces them to fill their roster with a lot of these more obscure names. Names that might ring a bell for some of you. Former VHLM teammates or former high potential draftees that have fallen out of fashion since their years in the spotlight. Unless someone puts a claim on him today, our goalie is going to be 141 TPA Juan Jaundice. That'll be fun.

6 hours ago, OrbitingDeath said:

Mac Hooper would be proud if he saw this, iirc he's actually from England as well

Shit, gotta get him to be active now.

@MacH come back and be a proud member of the newly founded London United!

Edited by McWolf