One-on-one with James Rose

mattyIceman

A few reporters from London's sports press came to visit the rink after yesterday's matches to speak to some of the United's players, here's the segment of the media scrum with defenseman James Rose.

Media: Hey James, we want to know your thoughts on how the team's performance after a third of the season.

JR: Well, this is an expansion team, so we know it's going to be an uphill battle all season, with a lot of rookies.  Theres some veteran presence here, like Lesieur, and he's been showing us how it's done on the ice.

Media: Do you think with all the rookies, teams will continue to think of playing London as an easy win?

JR: I don't think that at all, we beat Malmo three times already this season.  They got us in the last game, but my boy Hylands (member of Malmo Nighthawks) and I keep it real.  He's a great player and buddy.  If you weren't aware, we played together in Mexico two seasons ago.

Media:  Do you think there's a bright future for the London United? How close to a championship are you guys?

JR: Of course and I'm committed to it 100%  I think in a few seasons we'll be playoff bound.  The league is always changing. There will be new guys coming here and there and we can piece together a very competitive team very soon.  We just have to keep at training and playing at a top level.

Media: Thanks for your time, James!

JR: Anytime, guys..