And Then One Remains

Cornholio

It has been a bittersweet offseason for Wolf Stansson, Jr. and his Prague Phantoms organization.

The departure of long-time blue line partner Seabass Perrin was tough to swallow, but it was completely understandable. Seabass has stuck with this team through thick and thin. From Day 1 onwards too. I’ve enjoyed playing with him and his presence in the locker room was a welcome sight to see. I’ve never thought we would stick together for this long but yeah, I guess all good things must come to an end. I hope he does come back next season like he said, for one final swan song.”

In addition to the aforementioned departure, another longtime Phantom teammate will be hanging up his skates. It is none other than forward Alex Pearson, a member of the team since Day 1 via the expansion draft. 

“Time truly does fly by fast. It still feels like yesterday that we were all starting out together and debuting the new Prague uniforms in that inaugural media day session. Now look at us, we’re the old farts. Pearson does hold some records and I think I hold some other records, largely on the basis of being here since Day 1 and our strong level of play day in, day out. I wish him nothing but the best going forward in his post-hockey endeavors.”

When asked if WSJ wanted to go play for another team with a chance for a Cup, WSJ graciously declined. 

With this in mind, it basically leaves Wolf Stansson, Jr. as the last Og Phantom that will continue to play into S74 as well as 75, which will be his final season. Sad face.