Bears Babbling Baboon

Banackock

Bears Babbling Baboons

tumblr_nlf8yvkwkU1qeijvdo4_r1_250.gif

The season is officially underway and teams are storming out of the gates. Well, not all teams, but some teams. Some a little faster than others, some are limping and others are those ones that run really fast at the start but then get winded 25% of the way through and then suck. I feel like this is something I’ve also written for at least 30 other teams during my time in the VHL, and during my last 26 seasons as the Seattle Bears GM. Heading into this season, it was hectic as hell. It started off amazing as it usually does. As a GM I try to be 5 steps ahead of where you normally should be. That way if shit goes wonky, you have time to fix things. This season everything went great. We did some hard goodbyes to longtime Bears Rayray and Dok Greene, brought in Kris Rice and managed to have a better draft gthan probably everyone including myself expected. We came out with some solid picks and steals and really set ourselves up… once again. Finding the final winger was a bitch though. We had tons of d-men but couldn’t seem to find someone that had a winger for sale that really was what we wanted. There was some out there, but I didn’t have interest in giving up assets for an elite VHLMer that is inactive. We went through all the cycles of calling up Rocket, calling up LOL or maybe even having Hogan swap. There was a lot of back and forth but finally, a decision was made and the Bears roster was set for the season.

As always, the Bears started off rough. We were at the bottom of the standings and while most stayed strong, there was some skepticism among a VERY select couple or singular peoples. I assured them that sometimes STHS does weird shit in the first 10-20 games. It seems like it’s more of a pattern lately. I felt like I hit them with solid wisdom and patterns, even comparisons, but they felt unsure still. Fast forward and the Bears are getting control of the situation, find themselves in a playoff spot now and I believe 2nd place in the conference. How I explained it was very quick and there’s actually a ton more to it, but at the end of the day, I think as the season goes on we're going to see more that I was right outside of the one thing which isn’t anything I have control over. As the season progresses, we’re going to do what we always do. We always find a way to find the patterns and bump out the good results and vibes, enjoy ourselves as we push through the season and find ways to make ourselves as strong as possible. We have a team in front of us that I am very confident in and I truly do feel like we have a nice little shot at going back to back and winning a 5th in 7 seasons. 

Do not take this article seriously. It was just for blabs mostly. Look forward to continuing the fun this season. Happy to be claiming this doubles week and then a free week next week while I’m battling some wonderfully, intelligently planned courses in Calgary next week. Until then, ciao VHL.

Be Nice I Love You GIF by Sarah The Palmer

Double week

September 28 to October 4

Donations Link