Marauders In Crucial Stretch For Playoff Push

tcookie

Marauders In Crucial Stretch For Playoff Push

At season's halfway point, time for moral victories has passed

The Miami Marauders are currently sitting 11 points back of the Philadelphia Reapers for the final playoff spot in the VHLM Eastern Conference, a significant gap to make up as we cross the halfway point of the season, but the team feels it has been playing better lately and is hoping their play starts to translate into wins soon. They've played a few close, one-goal games against top VHLM teams in Saskatoon and Mississauga as of late, but have not quite been able to seal the deal.

Currently in the midst of a 14-game stretch where they manage to avoid the top half of the VHLM, it's now or never for the Marauders if they are going to make a playoff push. The team has recently seen an influx of new talent, having added Addison McLaren, Sheldon Juniper, Wooshi Cat, Cabe McJake, and Mie Dickinson in the last week.

"It's definitely a good group of new players and so far we are excited about the direction of the team, about making a playoff push and putting into the work to improve. I've enjoyed the locker room atmosphere so far and the other new guys coming in are making an impression too, so I think we're going in the right direction," says McLaren.

For his part, McLaren has 2 goals and 5 points so far, to go along with 16 PIM through 10 games. His trademark physicality has come with him too, as he's dished out 37 hits. "There's a bit of a transition period any time you get into a new league, for sure, and I would say my offense hasn't quite been where I want it to be, but I think I've been able to contribute to the team in other ways and hopefully the offense will come."