First point for Kvothe, The Aces take 1st in the conference

DangerGolding

The Aces have been on fire since the trade deadline and they've strung together a 6 game winning streak including big wins over the Hounds and Wild. This has fianlly lifted them over the Rush to take first place in the Western conference and also moving them to 2nd place overall by overtaking the Hounds as well by a single point. 

Kaladin Kvothe finally got off of the donut that he's been sitting on for the first 6 games, it turns out the the magic number seven made it happen as Kvothe notched his first point via an assist in the Aces 2-1 shootout win over the Bulls. Kvothe collected a rebound behind the net and fed the puck back to MAtt Thunder who in turn slipped the puck through to Nero Endrizzi who slapped the puck to the back of the net for his 2nd goal of the season. 

Speaking to our reporter after the game we asked Kvothe how it felt to get his first point:

"Well it's always nice to get that first point on the board, it's been nagging me over the past few games of course but I hope it's the first of many that I can contribute to this great hocker franchise and we can keep this momentum for the rest of the seasons and bring it into the playoffs. Now just to get my first goal!"

A very honest statement from this young player and we hope to see him flourish over the next few seasons as he develops his game and earns more time on the ice. Of course with the dispersal draft after this season we'll have to see if the Aces can manage to retain Kvothe's services or if we'll see him in a different jersey come nest season.