Life after the VHL?

SlapshotWrangler

CALGARY - Jacques Lafontaine is about to enter his sixth season in the league. In the Victory Hockey League, most players only ever play 8 seasons. Usually by the time they retire, they are understandably old and end up retiring from hockey shortly after. However, when Jacques Lafontaine first showed up on the VHL scene in the minors, he was only 16. When he finishes his Victory Hockey League career, he’ll be 25. He’d still be pretty young and would most likely be able to continue his career for a long time. We decided to ask if he ever thought about that and see if he had a specific team he wanted to go to.

“Well, I haven’t actually thought of that. I’m focused on the now. I’m focused on winning in the VHL instead of my retirement in this league. But if I have to tell you a plan, my plan is to sign with an NHL team. I would like to go for the Calgary Flames and give the fans of Calgary another thing to cheer about but I’d also love it if I could play for the Montreal Canadiens. Playing for them is almost every young Quebecois boy’s dream.”