The Bells of Paris

der meister

With the bells of Paris ringing in celebration as the United States Presidential election comes to a close, London United sniper The Terrible Trivium continues to train. It's dusk in France, and sweat is dripping from Trivium's brow.

He's been working out since lunch - a salad with feta and cranberries - and the bells have caught his attention. "Did they finally get their President?" he asks, taking a breather after a 25 minute rowing session. 

It's not always the easiest thing, writing puff pieces for hockey journals, these Day in the Life type interviews. Luckily, I seem to have caught Trivium on an historic day. I tell him that yes, the United States has declared Joe Biden the victor in a surprisingly-tight, at least by Electoral College standards, Presidential election. He takes a drink from a stainless steel water bottle, savoring the coolness.

"Good," he says finally, setting the bottle down with a muted clink and returning to his workout. "I never liked that racist piece of shit anyway."