SAZ Drafted

TheLastOlympian07

Shawn Andrei Zyuzin was drafted to the VHL in the Season 75 VHL Entry Draft. He fell a lot later than I expected but that means New York got quite the steal at 25th overall. SAZ wants to move up to the show as fast as he can and has been called up leaving Philadelphia, which was his VHLM team. Unfortunately, SAZ might not be ready technically for the VHL but due to the stupid rules the VHL has in place which make no sense to anyone but the higher ups in power, as soon as you are drafted your 8 season clock starts ticking.

I think the VHL needs to go the way of their affiliation partners and have you stay in the minor system until you are ready and you can uncap in a year of your choosing to maximize your potential rather than throw you to the wolves and hope you survive. However, as we all know the VHL is very stuck in their own ways and don't take to changing often because the VHL is the oldest league ever and it has been working so this long so why change it.

Oh well, maybe one day the VHL will change this stupid rule, but I am not holding my breath.