Martin Master- scouting report

Martin Master is an offensive defenseman already drafted for both, VHL ( Davos ) and VHLM ( Miami ). He joined Miami as a waiver in the middle of last season and was part of their great Founder cup winning journey. His regular season wasn't great, he scored just three goals and nine assists for 12 points in 38 games. In the play-offs, he was a bit more productive scoring 1 goal and 9 assists in 18 games. This year, there are big things expected from him. The Miami GM ( @Ricer13) put him on the first defensive pair with Mr. Chicken Wing for the start of the season and it will be expected from him to improve his statistics massively from the previous season. This season, it isn't too likely for him to get called up to Davos, but who knows, some injuries could happen...

Now let's look into the playing style of the player to get him know a bit better.

Strengths:

Skating= His good skating technique and decent speed allows him to get into some decent chances and better back-checking. He was seen many times doing some extra  speed trainings so who knows, maybe next Conor McDavid incoming?

Scoring= Martin is more of a shooter, then a passer. The statistics from last season didn't show it too much, but his clappers from the blue line are pretty decent and he can send on the net some accurate and powerful snapshots as well.

Defense= As expected from a defender, his defensive abilities are really good. He can get his opponents crying after some big hits and he isn't afraid to block some shots with his body to help the team.

Puck handling= His soft hands are also a big part of his game. During his junior career, he wasn't known for that, but last season he improved massively in that area and it became one of his strengths.

Weaknesses:

Discipline= To be fair, Martin isn't the most disciplined player, maybe it's just because of his lack of experience. He isn't treacherous, those penalties are mostly tripping and high stick, but you have to expect it from a defenseman at least a bit.

Overall, Martin is a well rounded defender, maybe a bit more offensive. He was improving nicely during last season and off-season so I think he will be a big part of this years Miami team and I think we will see him playing in the VHL next season.

( Just to be clear, english isn't my nattive language so please forgive me some grammar mistakes, I tried my best.)