Onde's Redemption Arc

fonziGG

Animated Series Art GIF by hoppip

It's time. It's time to show the world that I'm not a bust. Well, not exactly. I was thinking about it. I should probably play with more intent. More purpose. Putting in 200% instead of the measly 50% I've been putting in. Problem has been that I don't feel appreciated with my TOI. I'm sure I could get more minutes if I worked harder, smarter and produced better. I need to put myself in a position to succeed. How do I do that? Well, I need to be confident. I need to feel like I have the staff backing me. Right now, there's a lot of uncertainty going my way with my future here in Vancouver. I want to put an end to that with delcaring that, I will be a Wolf for the rest of my career if the management team allows me to be one. I will put my head down into the mud and work my way into the first line. I will show the entire VHL and all the fans that I am a force to be reckoned with. Vancouver is my home now. It's where my family lives, my sisters play junior hockey here as well. I moved my entire family here for this. All the lovely friends I've made have become like family to me as well. So many of them are supporting my journey as well, by making me train everytime we're together. I don't think I could lose them. This is an all or nothing for me currently. My backs against the wall and I'm ready to start swinging hard and heavy.

These first two games... I did not come out swinging. I don't know what happened if I'm completely honest. I just, crumbled. I think the pressure got to me. I spoke with my family briefly and they had some great advice to give me. They always told me that I started slow but as the season picked up, my play picked up as well. Last season this was true. However I don't want this to be a common occurrence if I'm honest with you. I don't want to be an anchor on the team at all. Infact, I'd like to be the catalyst within the squad. The one who people look to in order to make shit happen. Or when times are tough, the one who's expected to lead and fight with the roster. We're all young players on this team to be fair. Plus I'm one of the younger players on the team but I still want to have a breakout year. I want to go for most improved this season if I can. Mostly because I had an offseason last year, even though we won the cup, I'm not proud of my play at all. I think it'll come. I believe in the process and I believe in my progress but I need to do more. I need to get better and getting into the dirty areas, defending my end of the rink. Doing what is necessary for the squad to excel. It will happen.