Sales Wallpaper

thadthrasher

I'm really happy with how this turned out. I liked toying with the Miami city view and searching for various fonts. I did A LOT of new things regarding "photoshop" for this wallpaper.

1. Recoloring!
  2. Transforming the logo and making it appear more to be as if it were originally on the sweater and helmet.
  3. Put a mask layer over Sales (Murray) that gave it the scratch look.
  4. Downloaded new fonts!

I learned a lot today, and really enjoyed doing this.

I've heard some great suggestions, but am always looking for more. If you'd like, feel free to make a suggestion and then show what you mean (I'm a visual guy). For example, @Enorama suggested a blurred edge and some "lighting" over the player. I've messed with that a bit, but still couldn't envision what you were saying. I'm not asking you to do it for me, but providing an example or something would help my mind work through it.

All in all, thanks everyone for anything you say, hope you enjoy!

Sales_in_Miami_2.jpg

Edited by thadthrasher

47 minutes ago, thadthrasher said:

For example, @Enorama suggested a blurred edge and some "lighting" over the player. I've messed with that a bit, but still couldn't envision what you were saying. I'm not asking you to do it for me, but providing an example or something would help my mind work through it.

Just a rough example; minor changes

image.png.e0e2bf3ba1855fb0e6e86b4009234008.png

Background is a little too light for lighting changes to really work

7.4/10 

Pretty good job, especially for someone new here. It has a lot of blank space, which is something that is pretty easy to fix. I love the skyline in the background, and you did a great job on the recoloring. The text i feel doesn't go along with the image as well as other texts could, but I like it. Nice job!

1 hour ago, GrittyIsKing09 said:

It has a lot of blank space

I kept the spaces blank on purpose. This is supposed to be a computer wallpaper, and in my own personal preferences I like to have a lot of space, but that's just me. 

1 hour ago, GrittyIsKing09 said:

The text i feel doesn't go along with the image as well as other texts could, but I like it

I actually looked up "Pirate Fonts" on google, and this is one that came up.

6 minutes ago, thadthrasher said:

I kept the spaces blank on purpose. This is supposed to be a computer wallpaper, and in my own personal preferences I like to have a lot of space, but that's just me. 

I actually looked up "Pirate Fonts" on google, and this is one that came up.

alright, just my thoughts! With the fonts, there's a big city in the background and the graphic is quite clean, and the font has a lot going on and is pirate themed. There is no denying it goes along with pirates. I didn't recognize it was a wallpaper, so yeah.

2 minutes ago, GrittyIsKing09 said:

alright, just my thoughts! With the fonts, there's a big city in the background and the graphic is quite clean, and the font has a lot going on and is pirate themed. There is no denying it goes along with pirates. I didn't recognize it was a wallpaper, so yeah.

lol they were good thoughts indeed. I appreciate the feedback, just helping you dive deeper into my mind...

happy kids in the hall GIF