Barry Taffe: Scounting Report

Barry

BARRY TAFFE: SCOUTING REPORT

Barry is an eighteen years old goalie, which has signed his first contract in the VHLM on the very last day before the start of the next season. He has chosen from four offers one of the best teams in the league- Philadelphia Reapers, which is one of aspirants for the trophy in the VHLM. He says: ,, I am really happy to be in the organisation like this ( Philadelphia Reapers). It is great to start your profi career in the team with a great goalie like Jacob Carson. I can learn many important things from him.” Barry is in the Reapers goalie number 2. It could be a  handicap for him, because he will not have as high ice time as he needs to show his potential to scouts from VHL. But he is telling something else:,, I think it is not some kind of handicap. Yeah I probably will not get many opportunities to show my  skills, but on the other hand I have more time to train harder and prepare myself for the profi games and for the VHL.” 

The strongest parts:

Loyalty- He will be absolutely loyal to the team if the team will by loyal to him. He can adapt quickly to the team. For Barry Taffe will be the most important TEAM SUCCESS. If it is needed, he will agree to stay for a lower salary. For him is more important than his financial situation,  trophy for the best team in the league. 

Strict rules- Barry Taffe loves discipline and strict rules. It does mean no alcohol, cigarets and walks after 11:00 PM. He believes it is the best way to be successful in the career. 

Mentality- Barry has a really good mentality. He is ready for every save. In the all game situations. He will do his best when it will be 7:0 for his team or 7:0 for the opponent.

The weakest parts:

English know-how- Barry Taffe can understand, but sometimes he has problem with grammar. He works on his english every day and it is getting better and better. 

Stormy - Barry Taffe doesn't need too much to drop his gloves and fight his opponent. 

Barry Taffe has the potential to be the great backup goalie for any VHL team within three years and a starter within 6-10 years. Maybe sooner if he will be working really hard to gain a maximum potential from himself. Barry Taffe is ready for that: ,, You need train a lot. In the ice, out of  the ice, in the gym,... Training is absolutely a basic part of success.” And what round is he looking for to be drafted in?,, In the first of course!” ( Smiling),, Everyone wants to be drafted as number one! But from the more realistic point of view, I hope it could be the 3rd or 4th round.