VHL Hard Knocks

Matt_O

After doing my misery index thing this week, I was reminded of how poor some teams have been throughout the last 15 seasons. The NFL has a show hard knocks that goes to a dysfunctional team during the offseason. What if the VHL did that? Here are some teams that I think would likely make the cut:

S63-S64: Davos. This is a really easy choice. This team put up some of the worst numbers in the modern day VHL, and were awarded by their tank efforts with absolutely zero first overall picks. This team was a laughingstock for that period of time, before they turned it around with Dahlberg and Davidson in net, as well as acquiring Rylan Peace.

S67- Seattle. This was the year where they picked up the majority of their dynasty core. It would have been interesting following the team around in the offseason as the new, often outspoken (Hogan) rookies would have to gel together and learn how to play together. Looking back, maybe it wouldn't be that interesting because they clearly got along well.

S70-S71: New York. NY had promise before having to tear everything down for several reasons. They had a couple decent years in the late S60s before tearing everything down again. New York was a very up and down franchise, unfortunately most of their ups weren't that great and their downs were really bad. 

These are just three teams I would pick for those time periods that I think would have been interesting. I was in a pinch for an article idea and I thought this was a fun little idea.