King on the Game Thread Format: "a rare opportunity for me to say hey, I misjudged this one."

IamMOOSE

“I’ve spent a lot of late 2020 discussing and “shooting” on the things that have bothered me for a while and even though I do feel I have some valid points I’d like to address something I may have judged too quickly. Game sims… Now, I’m only doing a short thing on this because it’s mostly things we know but it’s still food for thought and a rare opportunity for me to say hey, I misjudged this one.

When the league first announced the shift from the bot feeding results to instead feeding out the page for the sims, I was very against not only the change but how it was presented. I spoke about it in a podcast when it was first addressed and honestly, those comments made sense at the time. What I missed was where it would go next.

Next from the single game whatever that was first came this new system of bundling sims into a group and posting it as one thread. Again, at first, I didn’t see the appeal and I didn’t see where it would last. I figured it would be muddled, confusing, and congested with no real focus of conversation on the season’s matchups. That isn’t what happened though. Instead, we’ve seen complex conversations, rivals explode, a few short tempers, and overall, the community experience within the forum setting the league’s blues were looking for.

After a full season of this successful format, I can honestly say I’m behind it in its current form. I wouldn’t mind seeing like a GOTW type deal but I don’t think it’s necessary. I will take my humble pie on this one, I believe the league got it right here.”