A transition period in Miami

Toast

With a sweep at the hands of San Diego, Miami finds themselves in an interesting position. Going into the next season, it’s anticipated that Miami will be focusing on rebuilding to get them back to the level of a cup contender. Right now the roster is looking a little weak with a lot of the roster moving on to the VHL. Miami used a lot of future picks to bring in top-level talent and may be waiting a couple of seasons before they have another crack at the Founder’s Cup.

One of the bright spots on the team is their 77th-overall pick in the S75 Dispersal Draft, Phoenix Dawson. Developing into a top line center for the team has been a blessing as they now have a piece that can support any steals from the upcoming draft or to be moved for picks in the future as it’s likely Dawson will go to his pro team following S76.

“I am happy to be part of this team,” said Dawson. “I know that a lot will be expected of me and it may not be the best season, but I will do whatever I can to help us on the ice or for the team’s future.”