That Dude exits early from Playoffs

Cornholio

Game 7 of the Las Vegas Aces versus the Saskatoon Wild ended unpleasantly for the home team. After a 3-2 first period deficit, Saskatoon fought back to take a 4-3 lead heading into the final period. With home rink advantage and their fans on full-force... Saskatoon just had to hold the Aces off to advance to the VHLM semifinals. Unfortunately, with just over 4 minutes remaining in the game Las Vegas was finally able to knot up the game. And off to overtime we went... a sudden-death overtime. Nerves racking as I'm sure you can imagine. Both teams fought for every loose puck, took great care of their passes and trying to craft up a perfect offensive attack. Then came an untimely Wild penalty and Las Vegas was able to hit paydirt halfway through the first overtime period. Las Vegas would move on to the semifinals while Saskatoon was sent home packing.

"This sucks man. I thought we had it in the bag. We really should have. Home rink advantage, coming back from a 3-1 series deficit and we were playing a whole lot better than them. It is what it is and our season's over. Another long offseason ahead of us and we've got to figure stuff out. The organization... and myself as well. Since I'm not coming back to the team next year as I'll be subject to the dispersal draft. Saskatoon doesn't have a pick until the fifth round and I'm not even sure if I'll last that long in the draft pool. 

But yeah, it was a great experience and I would like to thank the Saskatoon front office from the bottom of my heart for a great ride this season. I wish I did more to help us out in the first round series, but it is what it is. This offseason is going to be really important for me because we have to train our ass off, jockeying for draft position as well as for our actual BIG VHL Draft auditions which will be going on all the way throughout the season. So far I'm the 5th best prospect by the looks of it. I'm really curious as to how that draft pool will pan out by the end of our first full M season. I'm already checking out some of the great performers' build from this past season for ideas on how I can best perform next year. That Dude... is winning a M cup next season, bank on it."