Kvothe looks forward to Big Draft Night

DangerGolding

While Kaladin Kvothe is by no means a slouch in this draft it's certainly true he's fallen off a bit in the past month due to some niggling injuries. This has dealt his draft stock a fairly severe blow, knocking him from around the 7th pick all the way down to the mid-teens. Kvothe himself has assuaged fears from the media and fans that these injuries are serious, he answer a few of the questions on everyone's lips at a recent interview after a Marlins training session?

Is it true that these injuries have affected your play?

No, absolutely not. It was just a few minor bumps and sprains, they kept me out of training for a few weeks as a precaution and made me do some rehab and ease myself back into full activity in training. It's the off-season so it made no sense to rush back and risk aggravating the injury any farther. I know that some GMs might be put off and see this is a potential red flag but I assure you and them that I am at fll fitness and ready to start putting in the work that I have been throughout this past season?

Have you received much interest from GMs?

I'd say I've had more than a few callers come up and ask for a pre-draft interview. I wouldn't want to leak anything but rest assured that Kvothe won't be left without a team to go to next season.

Speaking of next season, are you planning to stay with the Marlins for another year or go straight up to the big league?

I think I'll probably end up staying in San Diego for another year, it just makes sense to get as much time to hone my skills and develop so I can come straight into the VHL and be ready to make an instant impact for whoever is lucky enough to snag me come draft night?

Who do you think will go number 1?

Well it's gotta be Red Lite, he's such a hard worker and I'm so glad to see his effort start to pay off as people are giving him the attention and respect a player fo his calibre deserves. The natural talent he's got is unrivaled in anyone else this draft class I think. So yeah, I think Red Lite is going claim the distinction of the first overall pick but there's a lot of Marlins up there in the first rounds and you can't go wrong in picking any of them.

Is there any teams that you'd like to go to? 

I can't say I have a particular favourite, I guess if i had to pick one then of course London would be the first choice as they're my home town team and bringing the first UK team up to relevance in the VHL would be a great accomplishment and really help spread the popularity of hockey in the UK. Not to mention the boost it would bring the team's attendance to have a home grown young talent on the roster.

Where do you think you will go?

I'd guess around the 10-15 mark, I'd be surprised to go higher and shocked if i dropped lower although there are a lot of good forwards in the draft and sheer numbers at a position can mean many people dropping more than expected as we say in the VHLM dispersal draft last season. I saw a mock draft that put me down AT 28th! I know reports of my injury was overblown but come on! 28th! I gotta say I did have a few choice words at my PC when I read that article.

Any last words for the fans?

Thank you for supporting me and the Marlins through this incredible season, and whether I'm a Marlin next year or whatever team calls my name I hope you'll continue to cheer me on wherever I land.