Josho

Joshothegreat

1232742942_S76(1).thumb.jpg.bd763cbd00af29c72622d7980fdc4fff.jpg

Josho learned how to be the great hockey player he is today growing up in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario. He grew up only skating at Upper Island Lake on the frozen water. He only played with his 2 brothers for the start of his hockey career. He did not play in an actual league until he was 14. But that never seemed to bother him as soon as he starting play in the SMHA league in Sault Ste Marie.

Josho started playing in the SMHA at the age of 14. He would go onto play 3 seasons in the league amassing an incredible. 200 pts in 150 career games in the SMHA. Including 100 goals. He won MVP of the league 3 years in a row. The first win MVP in his rookie season since 1995. 

Josho possesses poise and skill. His skating really makes him standout amount other players. His physical game could be improved but his defensive game is very sound.

Josho was recently drafted 68th overall by the Ottawa Lynx in the S76 VHLM draft. I think that he will make an instant impact with the Lynx, his style of play will fit in perfectly with their system. Josho is poised to play top line minutes as well as PP and PK. The Ottawa team could not be happier in the late draft selection of this young forward. If Ottawa can make the playoffs this year that is where I think Josho will really shine. Josho in his young career has always been a top playoff scorer wherever he has played. And the proof is definitely in the pudding.

Playing in the SMHA for 3 years Josho and his team the Pelicans were able to capture 2 Ron Francis Cups and both were back to back in his final 2 years. The Pelicans and Josho did make it to the Finals in their first season but were swept 4-0. That I believe was a big stepping stone in Joshos playoff production and ability. In the first year in 12 games he was only able to score 6 points, which is totally fine for a rookie of course but in the following 2 playoffs Josho really excelled. In 30 games in those 2 postseasons Josho scored 45 points in 30 games which is a true testament of how hard he works. He knew he did not perform well in his first playoffs and with hard work and determination he was able to take his game to the next level. Winning back to back playoff MVP. So I have very high hopes for Josho and the young Ottawa Lynx team. 

GO LYNX GO!