Anigbogu Weekly Journal #1 - Opening the New Season

ngine4

Ziarie Anigbogu, defenseman for the Toronto Legion, isn't quite a household name in the hockey world yet. At the same time, despite a relatively slow development and uninspiring work ethic, he has begun establishing his place in the league. Anigbogu was recently named to the VHL's 2nd team, a honor that come as a shock. 

On the award: "Man, I had no clue anything like that was coming. I wasn't even watching the award show. A couple of my buds messaged me and let me know that I had been picked to the all-league team. And if I'm being honest - I'm not fully sure I deserved it. The on-court play... maybe? I'm not quite sure how to rate myself. But I know for sure that tons of guys in the league are outworking me, and thus of course it was a surprise. I'm super thankful to the team and our GM for helping me get there, and I've promised them I'd be work a little harder this season. That's why I'm doing this interview right now actually."

Although Anigbogu was happy to be selected, he has his sights set elsewhere. The new VHL season just kicked off, and the Legion are off to a slow start. A series of roster moves also recently took place, shaking up the team's situation even further. 

On the losses and trades: "Ahh of course it's never fun seeing your teammates go. They were great hockey players. But that's just how things are sometimes, and luckily I know we've got a really great GM who's going to make things work. You can tell he cares about his players, and I'm sure he didn't make those decisions without proper reason. Whether those wins start coming in this season, or later down the road, I'm just happy to play any role for the Legion that is need from me. Starter, depth piece, shit even trade asset - I'm just doing what I can to help out the team which took a shot on me."