Trevor Wallace Junior Review (With Proper Formatting)

LilHCorny

Trevor Wallace - From Disregarded to High School Stardom

My love for hockey started as a kid.  When I was a kid my dad and I always used to turn on Red Wings games and see how they were doing.  It was amazing.  From there, I went to playing hockey as a kid.  It was just some small youth hockey but I dominated on the right wing.  I constantly found myself winding up putting the puck past the goalie and into the net.  Those were great times.  High school hockey was even better.  Grand Rapids Christan gave me a scholarship to play hockey there, and because it was close to home I accepted.  

In high school I was elite.  As a freshman, I got second-line minutes and did alright.  I got a few goals but as a freshman, my team just didn't see a reason to give me the puck.  This definitely saddened me but it just got me to work harder.   I showed up to practice early and stayed late every single day.  Whether it was skating more, improving puck handling, shooting the puck, or just working out in the weight room, I was there doing it constantly.  As a sophomore, I was still on line two, but from day one you could tell that I had a chance to be great if I kept working.  I know that it sounds cliche but hard work really does pay off.  I led the OK conference in +/- and came in the top thirty for goals.  My coach (Coach Anthony) didn't want to put me on the first line simply because I was a sophomore, this ticked me off, but I held my tongue.  After all, it was my job to try to be a leader even though I was a sophomore the whole team admired me.  Then came my junior year... line one at last.  That year I actually dished the puck out quite a bit.  I came in third in the OK conference in both assists and goals and lead in +/-.  And guess what... we we're in the Michigan High School playoffs.  We actually made it to the finals after I scored an overtime game-winner in the semifinals, but there we ended our state championship aspirations.  And honestly, that really made me want to win it next year.  I had made so many friends, especially in my class and I wanted to give them a championship.  And well... let me tell you about my senior year.  First of all the stats.  Tenth in Michigan in assists and first in goals scored and +/-.  My lines were lethal that year.  We made it to the state championship and well I scored in a tied game with twenty seconds left and we won.  I was elated.  

Then came time to prepare for the VHLM Dispersal draft.  So I had to do some interviews, and I got a pleasant draft day surprise and went to Miami in the third round, go Marauders!

Trevor-min.png