Elsby's Covid Fall 2020 Drive Across Canada: Ontario->Brittish Columbia & back 32 days on the road

Spence King

Well with Theme Week around a Vacation during this Pandemic… Well Spencer Elsby had the Vacation of a lifetime this past fall, during the pandemic! My Fiancée and I were in a situation where she had banked time off work and shortly coming after the news my classes for the fall had been confirmed they would not be in class and all done through online. We decided were going to drive across the country for a month straight and go out to British Columbia and sight see everywhere along the way. The drive from Sault Ste Marie Ontario to Chilliwack , British Columbia where we would be staying for a week was estimated by the experts at “Google” to be 36 hours on the road, which evens out to about 6 full days of driving with 8 hours each day on the road on average not factoring in any stops….

So within two weeks after the plan we sporadically packed up into our home on wheels for the next 32 days in my Ford Escape with not an inch of room to spare. This trip was nothing short of the trip of a lifetime and it was clearly meant to be from the moment we left the city limits out of the corner of my eye I could see a animal like shadow running. As we got closer I realized what Im looking at is a Wolf and its running along the shoulder of the highway … alone ? and just running in pure joy the by far largest species of dog I have ever laid eyes on. The smile on that wolf was breathtaking, Jocelynn and I were both in such awe we literally were speechless for 30 seconds before both asking eachother “Did you just see that?!”. This trip has so many amazing stories and memories , the amount of places we travelled to and different parts of the country we saw was incredible and an experience like no other. Going from the forestry and inland lake of Ontario with all the colors in the fall, through the plains and prairies in Saskatchewan… you really could see you dog for days if he ran away it is that flat, WOW….. To the mountains in Alberta and the glaciers and Ocean fronts of British Columbia, Canada is such a diverse country and having the opportunity to travel and see each of these amazing cities and activities we did along the way was nothing short of incredible and impossible to forget. The wildlife in Alberta that fate had destined upon our eyes is hard to believe let alone the Wolf sighting. When turning into the small tourist city of Banff, Alberta there were two cars that pulled over immediately and a man jumped out stealthy with his giant camera as there Is a MASSIVE bull elk cross the street, its antlers couldn’t have been any shorter than 8 feet ! Later that night on our way to our cabin in Jasper we came to a traffic halt only to see further ahead it was a group off Ram or Billy Goats crossing the highway At first glance we saw 3 “Ram”, once the traffic began to move I saw 4 more goats coming up from across the highway out of the river and up the ditch in attempt to cross as well. Ahead of us was THIRTY THREE goats ! 33 ! There were babies , mamas , papas , grandpapas , grandmamas the whole clan was together it was incredible. There were ram on the side of the highway, on the highway , in the river on both sides, they were everywhere !

The best story ive been saving for last and that our incredible , you wouldn’t believe if I didn’t have video story of the herd of I don’t even know what breed of fucking giant elk and there two male leaders and the entire run down of what happened it was real life national geographic Infront of my eyes ! But your’e going to have to stay tuned to my upcoming content if you want to read that one , I need something to leave you on a cliff hanger to have some suspense coming back to read more from Spence 😉 Dad Joke :CrosbyLaugh: